Highlights & Challenges
We are proud to be a welcome member of numerous communities across North America. We work to build strong relationships with communities by respecting their concerns and supporting community development as we grow our business. Here are highlights of what we have achieved and challenges ahead of us.
- Working with our key stakeholders, emergency responders and the Pipeline and Informed Planning Alliance (PIPA) to improve public safety.
- Further strengthening relationships with Aboriginal communities through capacity building and economic development.
- Spectra Energy employees and retirees contributing a record 31,800 volunteer hours, and our company, employees and retirees donating $3.1 million to the United Way in 2011.
- Being recognized for our commitment to diversity and inclusion as a Community of Respect™ by the Anti-Defamation League for the fifth consecutive year and being named to the Corporate Equality Index by the Human Rights Campaign for the third time.
- Continuing to improve our ability to understand and respond to our stakeholders’ needs and expectations.
- Ensuring our consultations with stakeholders and Aboriginal communities help guide the best decisions for our projects and operations.
- Continuously strengthening our corporate philanthropy programs to achieve measurable benefits for our communities and our company.
- Increasing diversity representation in our management ranks.