At Spectra Energy, we are deeply committed to ethical, honest and transparent business conduct.
The Spectra Energy Charter establishes our vision, purpose, values and measures of success, while our Code of Business Ethics (Code) sets the standard for workplace behavior. We expect everyone who works on our behalf – employees, contract staff, vendors, suppliers, and our board of directors – to be familiar with our Code and uphold the corporate values and practices described within it.
In addition, our Supplier Code of Conduct explains our values and sets forth our expectations for ethical and compliant behavior, policies, procedures by our vendors and suppliers within our supply chain.
We put our words “conducting business ethically and honestly” into action through:
- Clear company policies and procedures
- Demonstrated leadership and individual accountability
- Mandatory training, on-line and in-person
- Annual assessments of our Code and program
- Regular reviews with the Audit Committee of the board of directors
- Membership in industry organizations that promote best practices
We have an open-door policy which encourages employees to bring any concerns to their manager or any senior leader. We also provide an independent, confidential and anonymous ethics reporting system, EthicsLine, accessible by phone toll-free or by Internet.