A Quick Glance at Us
Spectra Energy Corp (NYSE: SE), a FORTUNE 500 company, is one of North America's premier pipeline and midstream companies.
For nearly a century, Spectra Energy and its predecessor companies have developed critically important pipelines and related infrastructure connecting supply sources to premium markets.
» Download our fact sheet (pdf, 4.4 MB)
Number of Employees
President & CEO
- Natural gas operations include approximately 19,000 miles of transmission pipeline and 305 billion cubic feet (Bcf) of storage capacity in the United States and Canada.
- The company also has significant ownership interests in DCP Midstream, Maritimes & Northeast Pipeline, Gulfstream Natural Gas System and Spectra Energy Partners.
- Spectra Energy's Express Platte system is a 1,700-mile (2,700-km) integrated oil transportation network that connects Canadian and U.S. producers to refiners in the Rocky Mountain and Midwest regions of the United States. In addition, the system includes 44 storage tanks with a total capacity of 4.8 million barrels (MMBbls), and 38 pump stations to boost the flow of oil.
- Headquartered in Houston, Spectra Energy also has major offices in Waltham, Massachusetts; Calgary, Alberta; Chatham, Ontario; Denver, Colorado; Halifax, Nova Scotia; Midland, Texas; Nashville, Tennessee; Tulsa, Oklahoma; and Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Local distribution companies
- Marketers and traders
- Natural gas producers (Gulf Coast, Sable Island, Appalachian, western U.S., mid-continent and western Canada)
- Gas-fired electric generators
- Residential, commercial and industrial customers
Spectra Energy Partners, LP
Spectra Energy Partners is a limited partnership interest formed in July 2007 by Spectra Energy Corp. Spectra Energy serves as the MLP's general partner and manages and operates the entity with an overall 74 percent retained ownership (limited partner & general partner units). The initial MLP assets included a 100 percent interest in East Tennessee Natural Gas pipeline, a 49 percent interest in Gulfstream Natural Gas pipeline system and a 50 percent interest in a gas storage business, Market Hub Partners, or "MHP." In 2008 and 2009, Spectra Energy Partners added to its portfolio of assets a 100 percent interest in Saltville Gas Storage and a 100 percent interest in Ozark Gas Transmission, respectively.